Sunday 5 August 2012

7. Outfit deconstruction - Guy at Maccas

I was going through old pictures on my phone and came across this beauty.

It's a well known fact that a night on the piss isn't complete without a visit to McDonald's. On such a night on said piss, I couldn't help but take a sneaky picture of this poorly dressed individual. I knew that one day down the track, I would need it. That day is today. I'm well aware of the blurriness. Funnily enough, I imagine that would have been what I saw that night anyway. 

Rather than just post the picture, I thought I'd point out the wrongdoing. See below:


A) T-shirt with suit jacket - T-shirt has a print on it, grey and ugly. If he absolutely had to wear this, a white v-neck would have been a better option. The jacket itself is an uninspired, dark and dull colour. 

Alternative: Navy blazer - a wardrobe classic. 

B) Jeans - They're rolled up at the bottom. If your jeans are too long, get them altered. They're a bad fit as well. Notice how the jeans maintain the same shape from top to bottom. 

Alternative: Slim fitting (not skinny) pair of indigo jeans. 

C) Shoes - this guy is wearing a pair of runners with a suit jacket. I don't think I need to go any further, but let me just say running shoes and suit jackets don't match. One is smart while the other is casual. Never ever wear runners for anything besides gym visits and a trip to the servo. 

Alternative: Dark brown desert boots would smarten the look up, but still have a casual look.

Suit jacket with jeans is a common look. I personally don't like it, but only because it's done incorrectly nine times out of ten. If done correctly, you can really stand out. If not - you'll look like a try hard. The mistake our friend made was that he relied too much on the jacket to smarten up the outfit. If you're going to take the plunge, make sure that you achieve the overall look. 

Loic



No comments:

Post a Comment